- It's International Dance Day! Bust a move while wishing happy birthday to actress Uma Thurman (44) and comedian Jerry Seinfeld (60.)
- In music news: As you may have heard, Judas Priest have confirmed their 17th studio album, Redeemer of Souls, is coming on July 14th with a classic Priest sound we haven't heard since 2008. Elsehwere, Jack White and the Arctic Monkeys will be among the headliners at X-Fest over Labor Day weekend in Calgary later this year. Cage the Elephant has also been announced for the Canadian festival.
- For Buzzfeed's full list of 17 Things Guys Secretly Love, click HERE. I'll say that while I don't care much about appletinis or facial masks, I do think Sara Bareilles is one of the most talented musicians working today.
- In the Screening Room: DC is finally putting some gas in the tank, announcing that Zack Snyder will direct Justice League for them and WB after Batman vs. Superman. We all knew it was coming…now, the question is whether or not it can actively compete with Marvel and The Avengers. Elsewhere, after ten years at The Late Late Show, Craig Ferguson has announced he'll be leaving CBS at the end of 2014. Before you say it, no, it has nothing to do with being "passed over" for Letterman's job — Feguson himself sais his decision was made before Dave even announced his retirement. Possible replacement rumor: Neil Patrick Harris. Nice.
- In the Gaming Guide: EA Sports has confirmed that Madden NFL '15 will be coming to both Xbox and Playstation consoles on August 26th; they're also working with ESPN for a voting rig to determine this year's cover athlete. Elsewhere, the "Grounded" DLC pack — the last of its kind for The Last of Us — has officially been dated for May 5th.
- Finally, it's Because Of Course: The release of new Hello Kitty McDonald's toys has Singapore so worried about safety that they're posting guards at the doors of each restaurant. Also, a guy named Jack Daniel is running for office in Lynchburg, Tennessee…where they make Jack Daniel's whiskey. No relation. Last, but not least, NCAA champion and proud Canadian Jim Nielsen now holds the world record for the fastest "beer mile" at four minutes and 57 seconds…because of course.
Everything else is at facebook.com/thefix993! 'Til Wednesday…
(Partial news credit to 411mania.com)