- Post-Easter, we have to wish a happy birthday to actor James McAvoy (35), lead singer for The Cure, Robert Smith (55), and Stooges lead singer Iggy Pop (67.)
- In music news, Jack White has officially entered the Guiness Book of World Records for releasing the world’s fastest record. He pressed, assembled, and sold a batch of 7-inch vinyls on Record Store Day this weekend in just under four hours, breaking the 2008 record of a couple of days by a Swiss polka band. Elsewhere, keep an eye out for releases this week from Augustana and former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach‘s fifth solo album, Give ‘Em Hell.
- Tweet of the Day goes to actress Kristen Bell (@IMKristenBell), who took a hard stance: “Croutons over potato chips any day.” Trending this morning was #Coachella as the fest came to an end this weekend, along with #Easter (of course) and #MadMen after last night’s final season premiere.
- Ever wondered if some sitcom characters could REALLY afford their places? This is a pretty good guide to confirm or deny, worked up by actual real-estate guys. Click HERE to see how the Friends crew is totally screwed.
- In the Screening Room: Cap has done it again! Captain America: The Winter Soldier held off all contenders and took in another $26 million this weekend to both put it over the $200 million mark AND keep it at #1 for the third weekend in a row, while Rio 2 held steady at #2 as well. Heaven Is For Real debuted at #3, while Transcendence came in soft at #4, and A Haunted House 2 flopped at #5. Also, would you believe that NBC hasn’t asked Hayden Panettiere to be a part of Heroes: Reborn, considering she was the main character in the original series? Weird.
- In the Gaming Guide: After last week’s announcement of exile, it looks like Activision will work with Microsoft to get The Amazing Spider-Man 2 on the Xbox One…sometime. It’s coming to everything else May 2nd; still no word about the hold-up. Also, if you have a PS Vita, I’ve got a reason for you to use it: The Walking Dead season two is coming to the handheld platform this Wednesday. Rejoice!
- Finally, it’s Because Of Course: A Canadian pizza place (called Boston Pizza, for whatever reason) is creating a six-layer “pizza cake” that’s certain to be a total mess; a homeless man in Florida was arrested outside a Walgreens for flashing customers while eating Wendy’s food; and an illegal dumper in Michigan — and we’re not talking about trash — has inspired a “Help Us Flush Out The Pooper” billboard. Because of course he has.
Check out the rest at facebook.com/thefix993! ‘Til Tuesday…
(Partial news credit to 411mania.com)