- It's National Bookmobile Day, which means someone thought it was important to have National Bookmobile Day somewhere.
- In music news, conflicting reports are suggesting that AC/DC is calling it quits. Confusion over an ill band member and an upcoming recording session in Vancouver have led to rampant rumors, but for now, nothing is official from the band. Meanwhile, Dave Grohl's hometown of Richmond, Virginia wants a Foo Fighters show so badly that they've begun selling 1,400 $50 tickets for something that isn't even booked yet, and 90's rockers Veruca Salt will head back out on tour this summer for the first time in years.
- Tweet of the Day goes to Miley Cyrus (@MileyCyrus), but it's more like one of those awards you DON'T want to win, in this case: "Hospital TV is waccccckkkk!!! #wherestheappletv", in reference to her recent hospitalization. Worry more about why you're there, kiddo. Meanwhile, she (of course) was trending last night, as well as X-Men after the release of the final trailer for Days of Future Past. You decide which is weirder: Miley or mutants?
- In the Screening Room: For a guy who's "straight outta Compton," Ice Cube is awfully fussy about not winning an MTV Movie Award for Ride Along. The "Best On-Screen Duo" Award instead went to Paul Walker and Vin Diesel for Fast 6, and yes, Cube went there: "We was robbed. They should have given it to him before he passed away." Of course, he later went on Twitter to say he didn't mean it like that and, "don't believe the hype." Don't start nothin', won't be nothin', Cube. Meanwhile, for the first time since his announcement as Dave's replacement next year post-retirement, Stephen Colbert will guest on The Late Show with David Letterman next Tuesday night. Should be fun!
- In the Gaming Guide: It's almost time for the Magic: The Gathering — Journey Into Nyx pre-release events, starting on the 22nd, so check out facebook.com/magicthegathering for more. Also, there's some free Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare DLC out as of yesterday that Wild West-themed, and Call of Duty: Ghosts is getting a $3 DLC pack of Drill Sergeant Voices that include the classic R. Lee Ermey (from Full Metal Jacket) and…Snoop Dogg. Yep. Drop and gimme shizzle, bizzle!
- Finally, Because Of Course: a drunken Florida man ('natch) claimed to be a Royal Canadian Mountie at a powerboat race and was eventually revealed to, of course, NOT be one and taken into custody by the actual cops; Domino's is now offering a pizza variation that swaps out crust for their chicken bites; and a dog in New Jersey was just summoned for jury duty. Because of course he was (a good boy, that is.)
Find more at facebook.com/thefix993! 'Til Thursdsay…
(Partial news credit to 411mania.com)