- Not only is it Good Friday, but it's National High Five Day! Act accordingly. And, wish a happy birthday to actress Melissa Joan Hart (38), Conan O'Brien (51), and stand-up comic Jeff Dunham (52.)
- In music news, TMZ is reporting that Puddle of Mudd frontman Wes Scantlin had something of a meltdown on stage Wednesday night, going as far as to throw a mic into the audience (who were upset that he appeared to be lip-syncing) and reportedly injuring a fan in the process. Scantlin's no stranger to insanity, so check the video HERE to make your own decision. Elsewhere, Rolling Stone reports that several A-list male rockers turned down the opportunity to front Nirvana at the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony last week -- we just don't know who, exactly -- and the Foo Fighters' next album is, according to them, "almost halfway done." Nice!
- Tweet of the Day goes to birthday boy Conan O'Brien (@ConanOBrien): "Just found out that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him look at alarming statistics about beach erosion." Trending today would be Good Friday and Happy Easter, of course, as well as #ScandalFinale after the popular series wrapped up its season last night on ABC.
- In the Screening Room: Transcendence looks to be the movie of the weekend, but don't count out Heaven Is For Real or Disney's Bears documentary. (Do feel free to count out A Haunted House 2, though...) Also, if Mrs. Doubtfire 2 does get going (as we talked about yesterday), count former child actress Mara Wilson out -- she thinks it's a bad idea and that the original story stood on its own. Me too, Mara. Oh, and FOX is going ahead with that reality show, I Wanna Marry "Harry!", where stupid people compete to marry someone who isn't Prince Harry because 'Merica.
- In the Gaming Guide: Previews for Journey Into Nyx are up on the Magic: The Gathering Facebook page right HERE. Also, Activision confirmed yesterday that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 tie-in game is coming to basically everything on May 2nd...except the Xbox One, which is now listed as "TBD," though they won't say why. Weird. Finally, if you have a 3DS or a Wii U, Super Mario Bros. 3 is now on the Virtual Console, so there goes your weekend! (Mine, too. Don't feel too bad.)
- Finally, it's Because Of Course: The city Portland, Oregon will have to flush 38 million gallons of drinking water because some 19-year-old spaz decided to take a leak in the reservoir. Also, a Florida judge had a good time at the expense of Edward Cocaine -- yes, that's his real name. Surprisingly, he was booked on drug charges...of Xanax. And last but not least, Russia may not be fond of McDonald's at the moment, but they did just open their first Hooters...because of course.
Find the rest at facebook.com/thefix993, and have a great Easter weekend! 'Til Monday...
(Partial news credit to 411mania.com)