Weekend's here! Here's how we rounded out the week:
- With drummer Joey Castillo leaving the band, Queens of the Stone Age will bring in quintessential rocker Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters to help finish up work on their new album, due out next year. They will also play the Download Festival next year alongside Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Alice in Chains, Motorhead, and more.
- Although Amaryllis just came out earlier this year, the boys of Shinedown say their next new album is already in the can and ready to go. Lead singer Brent Smith says the new material is "a bit darker...a little bit more mischevious," but no particular date has been set for release, though you can guess it'll probably be out early next year.
- Michael Bay said he was planning on switching up the cast, both human and robot, for Transformers 4, and he's certainly done that with the announcement that Mark Wahlberg will join the film. Very little else is known about the movie at this time, other than the fact that it'll be in theaters June 27th, 2014.
- The classic video game Castle Wolfenstein is getting the feature film treatment soon. Paranorma Media has taken on the project, aiming to make it similar to Captain America: The First Avenger and Inglorious Basterds. The early plot outline sees a young US Army captain and a British special agent teaming up for a mission to Hitler's infamous castle, battling the SS Paranormal Division admist the trappings of World War II. If it's over-the-top enough, this could be awesome.
- Tons of new info was released about Grand Theft Auto V, as it's a featured story in the upcoming issue of Game Informer. Notably, we now know that the game world will be bigger than GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, and GTA San Andreas...combined. Yeah. Also, the game will feature three different protagonists you can switch between at almost any time, and it will be set in the same world as Liberty City from GTA IV. Nice!
- Dead Island: Riptide will include a fifth playable character in John Morgan, a master of hand-to-hand combat who was inspired by fan mods of the first game, when it releases next April. However, the game will still only allow four players at a time, which means someone's getting left behind...
That's it for the week! Enjoy the weekend, and until Monday, ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com and Kotaku.com)