Back to the grind! Here's what's on the docket today:
- Jared Leto of 30 Seconds to Mars says the band will release their fourth studio album in 2013, just in time for their appearances at the Download Festival and Rock Am Ring. This is the band's first offering since 2009's This Is War.
- Speaking of Rock Am Ring, the 2013 line-up has just added Green Day, the Prodigy, and Korn to the festival from Juen 7th to the 9th in Nurgurgring, Germany. They'll join plenty of others, including Paramore, Bullet for My Valentine, Five Finger Death Punch, Volbeat, and more.
- There's a new king in town, and his name is Bond...James Bond. Skyfall blew into the box office this weekend in the US and blew away the competition, debuting at #1 with a cool $87 million for the fourth-highest opening of the year thus far. Wreck-It Ralph hopped down to #2 to make way, while Flight did the same to #3. Other notables: Here Comes the Boom surged ahead out of nowhere, jumping up three spots to #6 despite being out for a month already, while Pitch Perfect did the same--after two weeks out of the top ten, it surged ahead to #8 this week.
- From Woody and Buzz to Han and Chewie: screenwriter Michael Arndt has officially been hired to pen Disney's impending Star Wars: Episode VII. Arndt is a noted fan of the franchise, and he has previously won awards for his work on Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine, and the upcoming Hunger Games sequel. Still no definite word on how the plot will go, though.
- Bioware producer Casey Hudson took to Twitter this weekend to both confirm that Mass Effect 4 is in the works and that the team was soliciting ideas from fans about where the franchise should go. Popular suggestions so far include multiple playable races, a switch to a first-person shooter style, and setting the game during the Prothean/Reaper War. As long as I can still punch that reporter in the face, we're cool.
- Your Halo 4 fix will be provided today, junkies: more Spartan Ops missions are available as of now, five in total, with new cinematics as well. There's also another eight on the way, though 343 Studios has yet to say exactly when.
One down, four to go! Until Tuesday...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)