Happy Hump Day! Here's the low-down for today:
- Soundgarden's new album, King Animal, hit store shelves yesterday, and they've also released a video for the first single off the new disc, "Been Away Too Long." On top of all of that, the band has announced tour dates for early 2013, kicking off in Washington D.C. and including two hometown shows at the Paramount Theater in Seattle. No Missouri dates though, unfortunately.
- Ubisoft mentioned that they were fast-tracking the Assassin's Creed movie (starring Michael Fassbender) some time ago, but now we have a better idea of just how fast. In a recent conference call, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer Geoffrey Sardin said that the film is "coming in the next year," though he didn't clarify whether he meant that it would begin production then, or perhaps he meant the next fiscal year of 2013/14. Either way, the Creed is coming to the big screen sooner than later.
- The LEGO movie is gaining more and more in the way of voice credibility by the day, as Will Ferrel, Liam Neeson, and Alison Brie have recently joined that cast that already included Elizabeth Banks, Chris Pratt, Will Arnett, and Morgan Freeman, among others. It's due out February 7th, 2014.
- If you're planning on picking up the new Nintendo Wii U this fall and/or doing Black Friday shopping, might want to think about hitting up Old Navy--they're giving away copies of New Super Mario Bros. U with every $40 or more purchase (while supplies last) on the big shopping day. In the past, their "free" game promotions have run out within an hour on average, so you'd better get in line early!
- Not even released yet, and already DmC (Devil May Cry) has DLC on the way! Capcom announced Vergil's Downfall yesterday, an add-on pack for the upcoming game that follows Dante's brother through a separate storyline. It'll be out early next year for about $9 on XBLA and PSN, but if you pre-order the game, it'll be free.
Vacation time! I'll see you next week, and until then, ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com and Kotaku.com)