Happy Hump Day! Here's what you missed this morning:
- Slash announced a pair of UK shows yesterday for early 2013, including one at Nottingham Arena in February and another in March at the Blackpool Empress Ballroom. He just wrapped up a full UK tour to support his latest album, Apocalyptic Love.
- There's a new Jimi Hendrix record on the horizon...no, really. People, Hell & Angels will contain previously unreleased studio recordings of Hendrix's work from '68 and '69 that were not included on First Days of the New Rising Sun, the follow-up to his classic Electric Ladyland album. The new tracks will be available March 5th of next year.
- Rumor has it that Joseph Gordon-Levitt could be the next Batman! The star has been rumored to appear in an end-credits cameo (a la` Marvel's famous tactic) as the Dark Knight during Man of Steel, which releases next year, and that would lead to him playing the role in the impending Justice League movie. Well, after the ending of the Dark Knight Rises, at least it would fit...
- Now that we know the release date for X-Men: Days of Future Past, we also know that Sir Ian McKellan will be going head to head with himself at the box office. The film releases on July 18th, 2014, featuring McKellan's return to the franchise as Magneto...on the same day that the second Hobbit film, There and Back Again, hits theaters, where he plays the legendary wizard Gandalf. Which will win: magnets, or magic?
- The German XBox 360 dashboard appears to have leaked the release dates for the next three Halo 4 map packs. If so, they are as follows: Crimson on December 10th, Majestic on February 25th, and Castle on April 1st. Looks like they want at least one more out before Christmas to drum up sales, probably.
- Though Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime would have you believe that the Wii U is sold out at retail, there are some available out there, if you're looking. That said, the system sold approximately 400,000 units in its first week of release, about 100,000 more than its predecessor in the Wii. Not bad!
Hang on 'til Thursday! 'Til then, ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)