17 days left to enjoy the world! Here's how we started the day today:
- Metallica have officially announced the launch of Blackened Recordings, their own personal record label from which they will be releasing all future recordings. The group has taken control of all of their masters and videos and plans to release a new DVD, Quebec Magnetic, on Monday.
- Harry Osborn is back! The son of the Green Goblin will be played by Dane DeHann (from early this year's Chronicle) in the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man 2. Director Marc Webb said he's "an exciting and extraordinary young actor," as well as "a fantastic addition to our cast."
- Speaking of Spidey, Jamie Foxx spoke to Entertainment Tonight about playing the villain Electro in the film, saying that Max Dillon is an electrician who "gets the short end of the stick from the world" before "he turns it on." We'll find out just how much when the movie opens May 2nd, 2014.
- Pre-order bonuses have been revealed for Dead Space 3 as of yesterday, including a bonus SMG if you reserve a copy of the game at Gamestop, or the "Tesla Enervator," and electrical-based weapon, from Amazon. Pre-orders from anywhere will automatcially be bumped up to the game's "limited edition," which includes more new weapons and two exclusive suits for protagonist Isaac Clarke. You'll be able to pick up Dead Space 3 on February 5th.
- Stars of AMC's The Walking Dead will be making the jump to video games to voice their roles from the show in the upcoming first-person shooter, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker will provide voice work for Daryl and Merle Dixon, respectively, as the player controls Daryl as he accompanies his brother Merle in a prequel to the TV series, detailing their time on the run from the walkers before they met Rick Grimes and his group. It'll be available for consoles and PC sometime next year.
That's it for today! Until Hump Day, ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)