Ten days until the end of the world? How are we celebrating today? Well...
- Muse has announced via Twitter that they will headline the Rock in Rio Festival in Brazil next September. The band joins Alice in Chains, Metallica, Bruce Springsteen, and Iron Maiden in the lineup as the latest additions.
- Though the Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl will be drumming on the new Queens of the Stone Age album, he will not be going on tour with them, according to NME Magazine. Grohl also says that his time with Them Crooked Vultures isn't over yet, and the group could be getting back together soon for a few more tracks.
- After the billion-dollar take of the original, it's no wonder that Disney is moving forward with a second live-action Alice in Wonderland film, though there's no word yet on whether or not Johnny Depp, Mia Wasikowska, or even Tim Burton will be returning...or what it'll be about, for that matter.
- 2015 is shaping up to be quite the year for film, as we're already anticipating The Avengers 2, the Justice League, and Star Wars: Episode VII...and now, you can add the Fox reboot of the Fantastic Four franchise to that lineup, as it's slated to release March 6th that year.
- Crysis 3 has received an official release date of February 19th next year, coming right on the heels of the news of the game's pre-order bonuses: exclusive weapons, armor, a level bump bonus, and a digital copy of the original game. Not bad!
- Speaking of early next year, it's getting crowded: not only has Bioshock Infinite been moved to late march, but the PS3 exclusive, post-apocalyptic game The Last of Us has now been dated for May 7th.
Hang tight until Wednesday, and until then...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)