If I hadn't paid attention, I would've just kept typing "12/12/12/12/12/12/12/12..." up there.
- In an effort to bring relief those affected by Hurricane Sandy, the Rolling Stones are joining a massive concert set for tonight at Madison Square Garden in New York. The long-term rockers will join Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, The Who, Dave Grohl, Eddie Vedder, and more at the show, which will be broadcast on many networks--including CBS and HBO--as well as online on services like Youtube.
- The 2013 class of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has been announced, and it includes Rush, Heart, Public Enemy, Donna Summer, Randy Newman, and B.B. King, among others. Congratulations!
- Though the death of director Tony Scott had supposedly put the project on hold, Top Gun will be re-released in IMAX 3D for a limited, six-day engagement, followed by a blu-ray and blu-ray 3D home video release. The theatrical run will begin February 8th.
- Warner Bros. is hard at work on a new vehicle for Will Ferrell called Get Hard in which he plays a rich bank manager wrongfully convicted and sentenced to a maximum security prison. To prepare himself, he hires the guy who washes his car (played by stand-up comedian Kevin Hart) to toughen him up in the 30 days before his sentence is carried out. Could be fun...
- Nintendo has officially announced release dates for several anticipated 3DS titles, including Fire Emblem: Awakening (February 4th) and Brain Age: Concentration Training (February 10th.) Tentative "spring" release dates were also given for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow -- Mirror of Fate.
- The biggest game in the GTA series is coming to the Playstation Network today, as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas becomes available for download ahead of its predecessor, GTA: Vice City. It's possible that the latter will be uploaded to the PSN in the near future as well, since it's also been reclassified under the new ratings system.
That's it for Hump Day! Until tomorrow...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)