Kickstarting the week with this line-up for you:
- Former White Stripes frontman Jack White has bowed out of scoring the upcoming film The Lone Ranger, citing a busy schedule as keeping him unavailable for the job. Instead, director Gore Verbinski will rely on long-time collaborator Hans ZImmer, who also worked with him on the Pirates of the Caribbean series and more.
- No surprises in the weekend box office wrap-up, as The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey took the #1 spot in its opening weekend with an $85 million dollar domestic total, putting it at around $140 million world-wide. Rise of the Guardians held on at #2, while Lincoln moved up a spot in its sixth weekend to #3.
- Casting calls for the Amazing Spider-Man 2 may have revealed some plot points for the sequel, as the casting team is looking for stand-ins for Shailene Woodley (Mary Jane Watson) and "friends and family/mourners" in a funeral scene. Comic fans will recognize that Gwen Stacy (played by Emma Stone in the films) is famous for her death scene at the hands of the Green Goblin, but of course, this is all speculation at this point.
- Season Pass holders for Call of Duty: Black Ops II can now get their hands on the Nuketown Zombies map...if you're playing on an XBox 360. PS3 and PC owners will get the content at a later point in time. Timed exclusives, ladies and gentlemen! Barf.
- A downloadable demo of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will be available in January for the XBox 360 and PS3, though you can try it out now by picking up the Zone of the Enders HD Collection for those systems. The full game will be out February 19th.
'Til Tuesday, my friends...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)