Halfway there! Here's the mid-week news:
- Rumor has it that late-night king Jay Leno will step down (again) from NBC's Tonight Show in 2014, with Jimmy Fallon moving up to the spot from his late-late show. NBC executives have supposedly been meeting with talent agencies to find a replacement for Fallon in his current timeslot, so let's hope that if this is true, it goes smoother than the Conan O'Brien fiasco from 2009.
- A group on Kickstarter is hoping to raise funds to produce See a Little Light: A Celebration of the Music and Legacy of Bob Mould, a documentary film about the frontman for Husker Du. Meanwhile, Mould himself has recently been collaborating with Dave Grohl, assisting with the Sound City soundtrack.
- Looks like Mad Max: Fury Road, the first entry in the series in around 30 years, is finally getting off the ground. After being plagued with budget overruns and scheduling delays for years, the film has finished principal photography in Nambibia and South Africa. Tom Hardy (Inception, The Dark Knight Rises) will take over the role of Max from Mel Gibson, and the film also stars Charlize Theron.
- More details have been revelaed for the upcoming comedy The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, starring Steve Carrell, Steve Buscemi, and Jim Carrey. In it, Carell plays the title character, an aging stage magician who is part of a Vegas duo with Buscemi, suddenly finding themselves at odds with a fresh-act street magician, played by Carrey. The first trailer is due out Friday, while the film will release next year on March 15th.
- If you're still playing Sleeping Dogs, a new DLC pack is now available called the Zodiac Tournament, which was inspired by kung-fu films like Enter the Dragon and adds a martial arts tournament to the game in which you can participate. It's available on all platforms for the game.
- Capcom has announced the PC version of Resident Evil 6 will finally be available March 22nd of next year, and it will include all of the currently available content for the game on consoles, including Ada Wong's campaign being unlocked from the start and the No Hope difficulty level.
Until Thursday, my friends...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)