HAPPY NEW YEAR, YA LITTLE JERKS! It's good to be back! Here's what you missed this morning, if you're still nursing an NYE hangover:
- Billboard says Green Day is prepping a comeback in 2013 after lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong's meltdown at the iHeartRadio music festival and other setbacks. Their live return will take place March 28th in Chicago and continue on with ten more shows through April, though they've been out of action since September.
- Queens of the Stone Age are working on a new album. That's good! They sent MOJO magazine a handwritten letter about it. That's...okay. This is what it said:
"A stitch in time will save you 9, but… There's no way we could have prepared for the journey up the river that is thisalbum. In our grand plan, we envisioned our lives and recordings running like clockwerk [sic]. However, the reality has been manic and unpredictable.
These songs aren't recollections of times we had. They are depictions of what we are going through in real time. It means even a bad event can turn into an unforgettablesong. At least for us, HA. The record sound like running in a dream inside a codeine cabaret. I hope you understand what that means, cause we don't. Sounds like a load of pretentions sh..! What? Gotta go, the therapist says our time is up…"
- You can't stop a hobbit on a mission, you fools! The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey defied the odds and topped the box office this holiday weekend for the third time in a row, beating out newcomers Django Unchained at #2 and Les Miserables at #3. The Hobbit has also now reached the #8 spot on the domestic gross list for 2012, and it doesn't look to be slowing down anytime soon.
- Speaking of money-makers, 007 is still going strong, as Skyfall has officially crossed the billion-dollar mark in worldwide gross takes, making it the third movie of 2012 to do so (along with The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises), as well as the fourteenth movie ever on that list.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II's first map pack may have been revealed on Reddit through promotional images touting it as "Revolution." If so, it would include four maps: Hydro, Grind, Downhill, and Mirage, as well as one zombie map titled Die Rise. The images also suggest the pack would drop on the Xbox 360 January 29th, and "later" on other platforms. Yay, timed exclusives again! *Barf*
- Those rumors of the Tomb Raider reboot getting multiplayer? Substantiated. The Official Xbox Magazine Twitter feed confirmed yesterday that they'll be detailing the feature in this month's issue, which should hit store shelves next Tuesday. Yay, unnecessary multiplayer again! *Barf again*
Until Thursday, my friends, I implore you to ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)