Mornin', boys and girls! Here's what's up with the show today:
- Guitarist Brian May, formerly of Queen, was named PETA UK's 2012 Person of the Year for his "Team Badger" group and their efforts to rescue badgers overseas. And that is something you didn't know about Brian May, I bet.
- The Black Crowes are getting back into the swing of things with a new tour and a new album this year. The Lay Down with Number 13 Tour kicks off March 24th in Manchester, UK, coming to an end after 25 dates in the states in Florida on May 1st. The live album, Wiser for the Time, will release March 19th.
- A potential roster for the Justice League movie has leaked online, suggesting that Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman will all be in the main line-up. Other rumors include that Zack Snyder would be on-hand to consult for the Superman character due to his handling of the Man of Steel film, that both Alfred and Lois Lane would have cameos, and that the Green Lantern character would be the same as from the solo film but "more serious." We'll see about all of this.
- Like it or not, Hayley Atwell won't be back for the Captain America sequel. The British actress, who played Peggy Carter (Cap's first love) in the original, confirmed that she won't return in Captain America: The Winter Soldier because it takes place in modern times, meaning that the rumors that Cap will instead be involved with her niece from the comics, Sharon Carter, seem more likely now. Alison Brie is the front-runner for that particular role, at last mention, anyway.
- EA and Visceral games have announced that a downloadable demo for Dead Space 3 will be available for PSN and XBLA on the 22nd of this month, though you can get it a week early for XBox 360 by signing up at demo.deadspace.com. The game launches in full on February 5th.
- Minecraft seems to grow stronger by the day, with over 18 million copies sold after a 450,000 sales boost on Christmas Day alone. Minecraft--Not Even Once. (Except all the time, every time.)
Friday already? I'll take it! 'Til then, my friends...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)