Back to the grind, boys and girls!
- Alice in Chains will be coming your way with a new album this spring, though an exact date isn't nailed down just yet. However, their new single "Hollow" is currently available on iTunes, and you can watch the video at their official website, aliceinchains.com.
- After a long 35 years, Black Sabbath will release a new Ozzy-fronted album in June. Brad Wilk from Rage Against the Machine will join the band on drums for the new album, titled 13, due to a falling-out with Bill Ward last year. Wilk will also be a part of the group for their brief "warm-up" tour this spring in New Zealand, Australia, and Japan.
- Zero Dark Thirty claimed the box office crown in its first weekend in wide release, pulling down $24 million for the #1 spot, while A Haunted House came in at #2, and Gangster Squad slightly disappointed with a #3 ranking. Elsewhere, Texas Chainsaw 3D took a massive tumble from #1 all the way down to #9.
- Hold onto your butts...Jurassic Park 4 is coming to a theater near you within the next 18 months! Universal officially announced the long-gestating sequel over the weekend, setting a June 13th, 2014 release date in the process but keeping tight-lipped on the script, plot, and potential casting.
- Far Cry 3's PS3-exclusive downloadable content will be titled "High Tides" and include two new chapters for co-op mode, Jailbreak and Redemption, which show the group's last time on the island. It's coming sometime soon, supposedly.
- Arguably the best game in the series since the fourth installment, Resident Evil: Revelations could be making the jump from the 3DS to the XBox 360 and PS3 soon, and the rumor grows with an achievement list for the game that's been making the rounds online. Perhaps we'll find out soon...
'Til Tuesday, my friends...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)