Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?
- Paramore's self-titled album--their fourth studio album as well--will be out April 9th, and the tracklisting for that compilation was released yesterday. Sixteen songs will be on the disc, including their current single, "Now."
- After their Las Vegas residency late last year, Guns 'n Roses are planning to release a 3D concert film later this year from the footage shot at their November 21st show of "Appetite for Democracy." Producers Rock Fuel Media have created a Facebook page for the film and posted an eight-minute clip that includes the group's rendtition of "Paradise City."
- Read my lips: No New Batman...until 2017. Well, you're still going to get a brand-new Caped Crusader in the Justice League film in 2015, but WB says they won't be looking at a solo film for the Dark Knight until after that, and likely not until about four or five years from now at the earliest.
- Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler have both been rumored to be stepping into the Marvel Film Universe soon, though it's likely they would potentially be considered for voice-over roles for Guardians of the Galaxy -- specifically, the roles of Rocket Raccoon and Groot, both of which will require VO work. Alllllllll-righty then!
- THQ is no more. After filing bankruptcy last year, the company's assets were auctioned off yesterday: Sega picked up Relic Games, while Deep Silver grabbed Volition and the Saints Row franchise, and Ubisoft acquired the South Park: Stick of Truth RPG, among others. It's also been rumored that Take-Two Interactive will take over the WWE game license. Any properties not purchased are to be included in the company's chapter 11 filing but could still find homes, including the Darksiders series.
- The Legend of Cel-da lives! Nintendo's foray into toon-style animation will return with a remake of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, originally released on the Gamecube and now coming to the Wii U this fall. This means new graphics, Off-TV Play, and much more...as well as a reason for me to REALLY want a Wii U now.
Finally Friday and another little surprise on the way tomorrow! Until then...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com and Kotaku.com)