The rumors of my birthday are in no way exaggerated. Thanks for the well-wishes. =)
- Despite their heavy touring schedule (and the eight-thousand other things they've been doing), Dave Grohl says the Foo Fighters' next album is already planned out and on the horizon, though he wouldn't think of nailing down a date yet, or else he'd actually have to make it. Good call.
- The Black Keys are going back to court over music rights again. After siccing lawyers on Pizza Hut and Home Depot for using their music without permission, the band is now targeting sound-alike producers who try to emulate their songs to sell at a lower cost to advertisers. Pinnacle Casino and Resort will be the first in the line of fire.
- This is the big one: JJ Abrams is officially confirmed as the director for Disney/Lucasfilm's Star Wars: Episode VII! This, of course, puts him in charge of two of the biggest sci-fi franchises of all time, as you well know that Abrams is behind the most recent Star Trek films as well. My opinion? If he can work in the practical--actual sets, an emphasis on acting over effects, etc.--then we're good to go.
- The Justice League film lineup is likely set, according to insider reports, as follows: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash. This means that Aquaman, Hawkman, and Martian Manhunter are more likely to appear as cameo roles in the initial outing for the group on screen. I'd be willing to bet we'll get the John Stewart version of GL, if only to distance him as far as possible from the Ryan Reynolds flick.
- Game time is all about DLC today, so let's get into it! Skyrim's Dragonborn pack is coming to PC February 5th, as well as to PS3 sometime next month, along with the previous two packs (Dawnguard and Hearthfire.) The DmC Classic Dante Costume Pack will be out for all platforms January 29th for about four bucks on each system. Finally, the long-awaited first episode of the Tyranny of George Washington DLC for Assassin's Creed III, titled "The Infamy," will be available the day after Presidents' Day. 'Natch.
I'm off to eat some cake! Enjoy the weekend, and until Monday, ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com and Kotaku.com)