Coming to you courtesy of my new tablet!
- The Darkness is back! I mean, still back! After releasing their latest album, Hot Cakes, in August of last year, the group's frontman, Dan Hawkins, says they're already planning a new album for 2014. Currently, the Darkness is wrapping up a US tour and preparing to tour the UK.
- The official Coachella lineup is finally out, listing Blur and the Red Hot Chili Peppers as the main headliners for the Californian festival in April. Rumor has it the Chili Peppers signed on about an hour before the announcement deadline, though they've headline the Sunday night stage for three years in a row now.
- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters didn't disappoint this weekend, debuting at #1 at the box office with a $19 million take and almost double that overseas, while Mama slipped to #2 and the Silver Linings Playbook held even at #3. Parker showed up soft at #5 in its opening weekend, while Movie 43 flopped (understandably) at #7.
- As JJ Abrams prepares to take on the director's chair for Star Wars: Episode VII, the question has been what becomes of his involvement with the Star Trek franchise? According to Paramount Vice Chairman Rob Moore, if there's a third Star Trek movie, Abrams will be there, at least as a producer, if not also directing. Never fear!
- The 80's live again tomorrow, as Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is back! What many consider to be the best entry in the acclaimed series will be released on the Playstation Network Tuesday for about $10.
- Maybe the forty-seventh time is the charm? For better or worse, Sonic the Hedgehog will be back in ANOTHER new game that will be revealed in February. Reportedly, it follows the Sonic: Generations path of blending 2D and 3D gameplay and features 20 stages in all. It's also been hinted that some of Sonic's friends, like Knuckles, will return to the series in this title.
'Til Tuesday, you maniacs...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)