What up, Big Perm? ...I mean, Big Worm...
- Looks like Metallica may have been right to be wary about joining Spotify--their record sales are down 15% over the holiday season as compared to the past five years. Even so, they're making a killing via their digital distribution deal, so honestly, it's probably a fair trade-off.
- Marilyn Manson's going back to court, but this time, he's the one doing the suing. Manson has brought defamation and other charges up against a woman who publicly announced they were engaged, even though they've never met in person, and then leaked the restraining order he filed against her to TMZ, suggesting he "didn't want to be seen with an African-American woman because he's pro-Nazi." Yeesh.
- They're back...again! The Muppets...Again! will be the official title for the sequel to the 2011 Jason Segel-helmed comeback picture for Jim Henson's greatest creation. The plot follows the crew to Europe for a stop on their "world tour," where they become embroiled in a diamond heist with a thief who looks just like Kermit...
- Speaking of sequels, the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will be getting one as well--just, maybe not with Daniel Craig. The Bond actor who was tapped to play protagonist Mikael Blomvkist in the series is reportedly looking for more money to return for The Girl Who Played with Fire, but Sony says if they can't afford him, instead of recasting, they'll just drop the character altogether. O-kay then. It's more likely that Sony will shell out the money for Craig, considering the character is integral to the series, and he probably costs less than another script rewrite at this point.
- The countdown is on: Sony has announced a "major announcement" coming on February 20th, and all signs are pointing to the Playstation 4 (or whatever it ends up being named.) If so, it's likely the new console would be available for the 2013 holiday season.
- So close! Grand Theft Auto V, originally scheduled to be released this spring, has been pushed back to the fall. September 17th is the new target date for the game, which Rockstar says needs a little more polish before it's put out there. Take your time, fellas.
'Til Monday, my friends, enjoy the weekend, and ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com and Kotaku.com)