Affleck was the bomb in "Phantoms," yo.
- Axl Rose's lawsuit against Activision-Blizzard over the 2007 video game Guitar Hero III is in danger of being thrown out of court. The $20 million dollar suit, which claims that Rose was defrauded into including "Welcome to the Jungle" after being told that Slash would in no way be involved with the game (in reality, he ended up on the cover), may have been filed too late to be relevant; Axl didn't put any paperwork in for the legal process until 2010.
- Jack White has teamed up with the Butthole Surfers frontman Gibby Haynes for three songs to be included on an upcoming single-style release from White's Third Man Records, including a cover of Adrenalin OD's "Paul's Not Home." The disc will be available on Valentine's Day, the 14th.
- Rumor has it that the future of the Marvel Universe could be heading for war. Latino Review, which has traditionally been spot-on with their reports of upcoming Marvel stuff, says that Avengers 2 will end with the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) being shot into space to keep Earth save from his rampages. This would follow the comic book angle "Planet Hulk," where he lands on a savage planet and takes control in a Conan the Barbarian-esque parallel before returning to Earth with an army for revenge in "World War Hulk," the rumored plot for Avengers 3. Again, take all of this with a grain of salt, for now.
- Is Sherlock Holmes 3 on the way? Probably, but not soon. Jude Law told Indiewire that he and Robert Downey, Jr. are so busy with their respective careers, it's not likely this year, but the interest remains to continue the franchise in the future.
- Dead Space 3 is out today, and with it comes ELEVEN day-one downloadable content packs. Seriously. Fortunately, they're all designed to speed up the game's weapon crafting process, so really, it's kind of like paying to cheat, in a way. You definitely don't need them to enjoy the game.
- On the heels of the Super Bowl, the latest Madden NFL game is already being discussed, and it's rumored to be called Madden 25 for the series' 25th anniversary. That could get confusing come 2025...
Hump Day's next--'til then, my friends, ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)