You gonna light my country music award on fire?
- Shock rocker Marilyn Manson had a health scare on stage during a recent show in Canada. Reportedly, Manson collapsed during a performance of "The Beautiful People" before being rushed to a local hospital. HIs current condition is unknown, but it's expected that he may have been extremely dehydrated.
- Dave Grohl says that Queens of the Stone Age will feature a very unique guest on their upcoming return album: Sir Elton John. Grohl revealed the news while guest-hosting Chelsea Lately when John was a guest on the show, though it's not known exactly in what capacity he'll be appearing on the album.
- Marvel has officially tapped Chris Pratt (Moneyball, Zero Dark Thirty) lead the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy. Pratt will play Star-Lord under the direction of James Gunn, and the film is currently set to release August 1st, 2014.
- When I say that a Fast and the Furious star is set to play Agent 47 in the upcoming reboot of the Hitman film franchise, you would think I'd be talking about Vin Diesel, right? Bald, burly, butt-kicking...nope. Paul Walker. Go figure. He even said he'll shave his head for the role. Crazy.
- Columbia Pictures has begun production on The Amazing Spider-Man 2, as well as released a synopsis about the film that includes mentions of both Electro and Harry Osborn, but not Mary Jane Watson, even though all three characters have been cast for the movie. Hmm...
- Ubisoft may already be ready to move on from the Connor Era of the Assassin's Creed franchise, as they've announced a new title to be released during the next fiscal year (read as: anywhere from this October to next September) that will focus on "a new hero and time period." Ezio Auditore da Firenze from Assassin's Creed II carried three titles of his own, but the original assassin, Altair, only starred in the first game, so perhaps Connor (of Assassin's Creed III) will be following in his great ancestor's footsteps instead...or maybe Ubisoft figured out he wasn't as interesting as we'd all hoped.
- Here we go again: rumors are flying that the next XBox console will require a constant internet connection and that all of its games will come with a one-time activation code, both of which are efforts to elminate the used game business. There's also reports that the system will feature a built-in, improved Kinect device, 3D capabilities, and two CPUs for gaming and multimedia applications. We'll find out later this year for sure.
Enjoy the weekend, you little creeps, and I'll see you Monday! 'Til then, ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com and Kotaku.com)