Say, would you like a chocolate-covered pretzel?
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers will headline the 2013 Firefly Music Festival this June in Delaware, joined by Foster the People, Vampire Weekend, and Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. Other acts at the three-day event will include the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, MGMT, and Alabama Shakes, and a portion of the ticket proceeds is going to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- 10 Years will be hitting the road with Young Guns starting tomorrow night in Colorado, though unfortunately, there's no Missouri stop on their upcoming tour, which wraps up in Texas in late March. Better luck next time.
- Jason Statham could be joining the Fast & Furious 7 cast...and no, you didn't miss anything--the sixth film isn't even out yet. Rumor has it that the end of the upcoming sixth entry will reveal Statham as the villain for the seventh, though nothing is confirmed yet. Can't we just combine this franchise and the Expendables and just...I dunno, it sounded like a good idea at the time.
- Fox is moving ahed with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and has signed Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty) to star as the leader of a group of scientists trying to survive in war-torn San Francisco, while Andy Serkis will return to motion-capture Cesar, the little ape that could who's now trying to control his monkey kingdom after the events of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. No word on a release date yet.
- All signs are pointing to the Playstation 4 (or whatever) being the big announcement Sony is set to make at an event in New York City later today. Several gaming blogs claim to have exclusive shots of the system's new controller, but we won't know for sure until this evening.
- After Ubisoft realized that Wii U owners actually DID care about getting Rayman Legends both exclusively and soon, they've announced a challenge mode coming to the Wii U's shop in April that will be exclusive to that system, playable with up to five players online, and totally free to help tide the fans over. The full game is now coming in September to the Wii U, PS3, and 360.
Home stretch! 'Til Thursday...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)