Lighten up, "Francis."
- Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready is teaming up with Duff McKagan for a side project that will feature multiple singers, similar to the setup followed by Apocalyptica and the "super-group" format. McCready's currently in the studio working on Pearl Jam's next album, so a release date hasn't been set for anything from this pairing as of yet.
- Jack the Giant Slayer took #1 at the box office in its debut weekend, even though it pulled down what Warner Bros. considers a disappointing $28 million. Identity Thief came in at #2, while other newcomers included 21 & Over at #3 and The Last Exorcism Part 2 at #4.
- Could it be? Latino Review (traditionally on-point about comic book movies) is supporting the rumor that Christopher Nolan is now the "Godfather" of DC films, and he'll be producing Justice League while Zack Snyder directs. More to the point, the rumor continues on to say that Christian Bale will indeed return as Batman to lend some legitimacy to the cast. Again, all rumors for now, but if so...woof!
- Plenty more details about Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag have been revealed over the weekend, including the confirmation of Edward Kenway as the main character, the grandfather of ACIII protagonist Connor. A fully-realized naval overworld, three distinct cities and a jungle where land-based missions will be conducted...it's all very ambitious, but I do love me some pirates. The game will be out on all major platforms October 29th.
- Speaking of the series, it looks like another Assassin's Creed title could be coming to the PS Vita, in the same vein as this past year's Liberation. Whether or not it'll tie into the swashbuckling console sequel, as its predecessor did with it's own "big brother," remains to be seen.
One down, four to go! 'Til Tuesday, maniacs...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com and Kotaku.com)