I used to be legit. I was too legit. I was too legit to quit. but now I'm not legit. I'm unlegit. And for that reason, I must quit.
- Nine Inch Nails will be the headliners for the 2013 Fuji Rock festival in Naeba, Japan from July 26th through the 28th. This is the 16th annual edition of the festival, which is expected to announce more acts for this year's line-up soon.
- Dave Grohl's Sound City Players will be performing at SXSW this week to promote next week's premiere of the documentary, Sound City: Reel to Reel, on the 14th. The group's line-up will include Grohl himself, Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty, Rick Springfield, Corey Taylor, and more.
- Bryan Singer has confirmed that Omar Sy (The Untouchables) has joined the X-Men: Days of Future Past cast, though his role is not yet known. It's speculated he may be playing Bishop, even though that character didn't debut in the comics until almost ten years after the Days of Future Past storyline ran. We also know now that Halle Berry will be returning as Storm...for better or worse, I guess. We'll find out on July 18th, 2014.
- Here's a pleasant surprise: Harrison Ford has signed on for Anchorman: The Legend Continues! Ford once played a TV news anchor in Morning Glory with Rachel McAdams, and he was hilarious as the grouchy old veteran, so I think he'll be a blast in this role as an "esteemed new anchor." The movie starts shooting soon and will be out December 20th this year.
- Epic Games is rolling out the red carpet for Gears of War: Judgment, due out for the XBox 360 on the 19th. The game will have a VIP season pass that gives players early access to future DLC, more multiplayer maps, new weapons, armor, and skins for both, as well as an XP boost in multiplayer, all for about $20. In addition, after completing the main game's campaign, players will unlock "Aftermath," a mini-campaign epilogue that bridges the gap between Judgment and Gears of War 3. Not bad!
Wednesday's the checkpoint, friends--'til tomorrow, ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com and Kotaku.com)