Also, how could you eat an entire box of Pop-Tarts and still be this hungry?
- Black Sabbath's new album, 13, is due out June 11th, but you can pre-order any of the versions--standard CD, vinyl, box set, etc.--right now at their official website, blacksabbath.com. When you do, you're entered into a drawing for a chance to win tickets to an album release party in London, a meet-and-greet session with the band, and lots more, so if you're going to get it anyway...not a bad deal.
- If you're enjoying the new single "Villify" from Device with Disturbed frontman David Draiman, you can check them out live at the Peabody Opera House in St. Louis on Saturday, May 25th. Tickets are on sale right now!
- Harry Potter's horror flick is getting a sequel, necessary or otherwise. The Woman in Black: Angel of Death will bring the series forty years into the future during World War II, when Eel Marsh house is used as a refuge for evacuated children and awakens the evil spirit within once again. The first, starring Daniel Radcliffe, was a runaway hit (mostly based on the star power, I believe), so let's hope for their sake that this one has an equally strong script, because without Radcliffe, it may flop.
- Is the Gears of War movie back on? Yes! Is Scott Stuber, the man who directed Battleship and Identity Thief, producing it? Yeah. Ugh. Good news is, he'll be hiring someone else to get behind the camera, so fingers crossed it's someone who can keep him in check. Rumor has it that Universal will pick up this one.
- That wild, open-ended tech-crime game Watch_Dogs now has a release date of November 19th for PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, and as a launch title for the Playstation 4. It's also being slated for "other next-gen consoles," so expect it to show up on the next iteration of the XBox as well.
- As excited as I am for Batman: Arkham Origins, it's a shame that voice actor Kevin Conroy, largely believed to be the best voice for Batman, might not be back for the game. Since it's a prequel and features Bruce in his early crime-fighting days, rumors are swirling that WB Montreal may bring in a different voice for the Caped Crusader, but this has not yet been confirmed by the studio or Conroy himself. The game's due out October 25th.
'Til Wednesday, my friends...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)