What kind of a name is 'Stove' anyway?
- During the Slipknot performance at the Download Festival this past weekend, frontman Corey Taylor hinted that it might finally be time for the band to get back into the studio with a cryptic message to the fans: "Don't be surprised if you see us again real soon." No official word on new material yet, though.
- Black Sabbath have achieved something that many thought might not be possible again: a #1 album in their home country. 13 debuted at the top of the Billboard UK charts this week, also taking the record for the longest span between top albums, as 1970's Paranoid was their last #1 a total of 42 years ago.
- No shock here: Man of Steel debuted #1 at the box office this weekend with a huge, nearly $200 million worldwide-kinda huge, take in its first go-around, while This Is the End arrived at #2, and Now You See Me held on to the #3 slot.
- With the success of Superman's latest theatrical outing, DC has already begun laying the groundwork for a sequel...that could literally be out next year. Seriously. Even better, they now think they can still get Justice League in theaters by 2015, even though the script is (reportedly) a mess, and no one's been signed to direct, produce, or star in it. Yeah. That'll go well.
- Hey, speaking of premature success assumptions, Ubisoft is already planning not one, but two more Assassin's Creed games beyond the fourth that's due out in October. Because, you know, everyone loved that third game (that was super-pretty but had basically nothing to do.) Ugh...even so, I'm hopeful that pirates will get this thing back on track.
- In case you were wondering, Xbox One games will still cost $60 at retail, so you can probably guess that PS4 games will be the same. Hooray!
- The Last of Us. PS3. Get it. NOW.
'Til Wednesday, nerds...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)