I'm not even supposed to be here today!
- Several members of this weekend's Lollapalooza line-up, including Nine Inch Nails, will stream their sets live via Youtube. You can watch the NIN stream tomorrow night at 10:00 PM Central through the Lollapalooza Youtube channel, which will be featured on their main page throughout the weekend.
- Pacific Rim may be a "disappointment" in regards to the domestic box office--"only" $84 million, so far--but internationally, it's doing well enough to warrant a sequel. It recently opened to a record-breaking $9 million in China, and it has a worldwide take of almost $225 million, so the possibility of a follow-up isn't off the table yet.
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E. has been a long-gestation project that might finally get off the ground for Warner Bros, as it's set to start filming next month in London and Italy. Guy Ritchie, Henry Cavill, and Armie Hammer are starring in the 60's TV franchise reboot after Tom Cruise dropped out earlier this year. WB's hoping to get a franchise out of it...we'll see.
- Microsoft finally confirmed just how hard they'll be ripping you off this holiday season when you shell out an additional $60 for any XBox One controllers beyond the system's pack-in, and if you want a headset at all? That'll be $25, please. Extra recharging pack? $25 again. Oh, and your XBox 360 controllers and peripherals will not work in any way, shape, or form with the next-gen stuff. Wheeeeeee!
- Good news though, as the Games with Gold program continues this month. Crackdown is available for free right now for Xbox Live Gold members, and it was a lot of fun, as was Dead Rising 2, which will be the next game added on August 16th. Get them before they're gone!
I'm out tomorrow, so 'til Monday...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)