Notes from the Finally Friday Shut Up and Rock morning show:
- The 2013 Download Festival has confirmed Slipknot as their third headliner for next year's big event. The group will join Rammstein and Iron Maiden as the headlining performers June 14-16 at Donington Park, and tickets are on sale now at DownloadFestival.com.
- The Farrelly Brothers have given a "dumb" title to their next project, the sequel to Dumb & Dumber. The movie will be called "Dumb and Dumber To" -- purposeful misuse of "to," obviously--and shooting is expected to begin in the spring with reunited stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels.
- During the Montreal Comic Convention, Sir Patrick Stewart hinted that he might be returning to the silver screen as Professor X in a future installment of the X-Men film franchise. Of course, we know that the follow up to X-Men: First Class will be X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is slated to be out in 2014 and includes a time-traveling element that could facilitate this.
- Downloadable content packs for the Amazing Spider-Man game that were retail-exclusive when it released are now available for anyone, including the Rhino Challenge pack, the Oscorp Search and Destroy pack, the Lizard Rampage pack, and the Stan Lee Adventure pack. The first two are $3, the second two will run you $4, or you can get all four together for $10 on PS3, XBox 360, and PC.
- Angry Birds is now available on consoles as the Angry Birds Trilogy, including the first game, the Seasons pack, and the Rio pack, for $40. You might recognize this as TOTALLY INSANE, since all three games on mobile platforms will run you less than $10 total.
- Speaking of packs, Ubisoft is putting together a Playstation 3-exclusive Assassin's Creed "Ezio" Trilogy pack that includes the second game in the series, Brotherhood, and Revelations for $40 and is due out mid-November.
Weekend edition tomorrow morning, then back to the grind Monday! Enjoy the weekend, and ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)