From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto, or it might be if I start having a motto.
- Is anyone else watching Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC? I'm not usually one to keep up with a series in real time, save for a couple of AMC darlings like The Walking Dead or Hell on Wheels, but as a Whedon show (and a direct continuation of The Avengers), it's a blast thus far. They're two episodes in, and it's on ABC Tuesdays at 7, so give it a go.
- Paramount Pictures and Platinum Dunes have to get a Friday the 13th movie into theaters by 2015, or else they lose the rights to the franchise back to Warner Bros. Rumor has it they're interested in a found-footage take on the series, and while I'm a little burned on that trend already, I really think it could be fun in a Jason slasher flick, if done properly.
- Elsewhere, Harvey Weinstein wants the Scream film franchise to wrap up with a fifth film, since "everybody lived in the fourth," and they've "milked that cow," in his words. There is already a Scream TV series in development at MTV, but it's said to be about as faithful to the films as their Teen Wolf series is; it's expected to include the supernatural and none of the films' characters.
- Gaming Update with Coffey's Comics and Games today, and Magic: the Gathering 2014 -- Duels of the Planeswalkers has a new expansion out now that adds new campaign levels, challenges, and five new playable decks to the game. It's available on iPad, Android tablets, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC/Steam now.
- Also, the cast of characters for Batman: Arkham Origins grows by the day, as both Killer Croc and Barbara Gordon were confirmed to be in the game as of yesterday. As a prequel, it's likely the game's version of Barbara will still be a teenager and not quite Batgirl (or anywhere near Oracle)-status yet. It's out Oct. 25th on everything.
- And another quick one: Microsoft is "unlocking" Xbox Live Gold from October 4th through the 6th this weekend, so if you aren't a Gold subscriber, go play some GTA V online! Or download Might and Magic: Heroes for free! Or whatever else!
'Til Thursday, thrashers...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)