Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.
- Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age is auditioning for Star Wars: Episode VII...kinda. Homme is featured in a Youtube comedy video from the "Stinky Mike" channel where he supposedly auditions for the film and says he wants to play the "king of the droids." You can check it out for yourself HERE.
- Warner Bros is back on the Harry Potter attack. After announcing the film version of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, WB has begun trademarking everything they can about that title, from comic books to other merchandise, as well as other Potter-related properties like Tales of Beedle the Bard. No word on whether or not they're planning multiple movies, but now, it's a possibility.
- The bulky 2015 box office is getting even bulkier with the announcement that the long-gestating Warcraft movie is coming about a week before Christmas that year. The film's based on the original three RTS games, not so much on the wildly-popular MMO.
- GTA Online is up and running now. If you boot up your copy of Grand Theft Auto V while online, you'll run through a small update to unlock the social portion of the game, though be warned that Rockstar's servers are being bombarded right now, so you may have some difficulty getting involved.
- Everyone's favorite blue blur is back! Nintendo confirmed that Sonic the Hedgehog will return in next year's new Super Smash Bros. games for the Wii U and 3DS, making him only the second third-party character to be confirmed behind Mega Man. No word yet on whether or not Solid Snake will return to the series.
'Til Friday, freaks...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)