Guess I always wanted to work with children. I hate when people call 'em kids. Sounds like little goats. But when you've had a dream as long as I have, you'll do anything.
- Drummer Jeremy Spencer of Five Finger Death Punch says the band's upcoming second album of 2013, The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell, Vol. 2, is similar in sound to the first volume. Spencer says the band wanted the albums to be equally good as standalones, so if you liked the first, you'll probably like the second. It's due out November 19th.
- James Hetfield is ready to get going on a new Metallica album...soon-ish, anyway. Hetfield says the band has tons of material to work through when they get back to the studio, but they do want a short break after working on their concert film Through the Never for so long. Regardless, Hetfield says a new album could begin recording by next spring, their first since 2008's Death Magnetic (because we don't talk about Lulu in this house, mister.)
- That Fantastic Four reboot is set to begin casting soon, apparently. Kit Harrington (Game of Thrones), Saoirse Ronan, and Michael B. Jordan (Chronicle) have all been invited to audition for principal roles in the movie--Reed Richards, Sue Storm, and Johnny "Human Torch" Storm, respectively--with more expected to follow. No leads have been announced for The Thing or the film's villain.
- There's a Survivor movie in the works, but it's not what you think. Dylan McDermott will play the boyfriend/boss of Milla Jovovich, an American woman working in London for the US State Department who finds herself a fugitive after being wrongly implicated in a bombing scenario. Production begins in January, and it sounds like a decent little thriller. We'll see.
- Ubisoft has announced the "Freedom Cry" DLC for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (yes, even before the game is out.) It'll allow players to find out more about Captain Kenway's ship, the Jackdaw's, quartermaster Adewale and his time as a slave before becoming a pirate. The DLC will be included in the game's season pass, so at least that's nice.
- Here's some good news: Konami announced a Castlevania: Lords of Shadow collection for PS3 and 360 that'll include the original game, the HD console port of the 3DS game Mirror of Fate, and all of the downloadable content available for both, plus a demo for Lords of Shadow 2 that's due out in February. The original game's hard to come by these days, and it's awesome, so give it a look on November 5th.
'Til Friday, freaks...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)