Coming back on a Tuesday with all of this:
- Although Led Zeppelin is proud of Celebration Day, their concert film releasing October 17th (and then on DVD in November), it's unlikely this will lead to more new material from the group. Jimmy Page says the movie is a "testament" to what they've done and not a sign of a reunion, unfortunately.
- In the wake of frontman Billie Joe Armstrong's meltdown at iHeartRadio, Green Day has put everything on hold and pulled out of several appearances, something the band is not known to do regularly. The Voodoo Music Festival in New Orleans is now off of their calendar, and though the second album in the impending trio is due out in about a month, bassist Mike Dirnt says they have to "put the life of [their] friend in front of everything." He added that he hasn't actually seen Armstrong in weeks.
- Taken 2 dominated the box office with a $50 million take this weekend, very high for October and already over the budget, with Hotel Transylvania coming in second and Pitch Perfect moving up into the third spot. Tim Burton's Frankenweenie disappointed, debuting at #5.
- Rumors are flying that Ms. Marvel will make her film debut in The Avengers 2, with Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson supposedly up for the role of Marvel's take on Superwoman, for the most part. It fits the bill, as director Joss Whedon is known for his portrayal of strong female characters on-screen, and the fact that the second film (and the lead-ins as well) is supposed to be taking the series "galactic" doesn't hurt.
- Blizzard is working hard on the first patch for World of Warcraft since the Mists of Pandaria expansion was released. Patch 5.1 will add daily quest hubs, new faction reputation, and underground fighting rings for PvE combat, among other things, and is expected to hit the Public Test Realms soon.
- The fourth episode of the critically-acclaimed Walking Dead adventure game series will release on the Playstation Network today for $5, and tomorrow on XBox Live Arcade and PC for the same price. "Around Every Corner" is the next to the last episode in the series.
Until Hump Day...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)