Here's the Hump Day lineup:
- The Black Keys have released a new EP titled The Tour Rehearsal Tapes, a six-song collection of selected tracks from the previous albums El Camino and Brothers. The EP is exclusive to iTunes for the first two weeks of release (starting yesterday), and the group says they are also working on a new full-length album that should hopefully be available early next year.
- Could the Lone Ranger also be the Dark Knight? Armie Hammer was originally cast as Bruce Wayne/Batman in the Justice League film George Miller was to direct until it fell through, but now it looks as though Hammer may be up for the role again in this new attempt at a JLA film. Take it as a rumor for now.
- After the massive opening weekend success of Taken 2, the film's screenwriter says they're already looking into the possibility of a third film in the series, though Liam Neeson said before the release of the sequel that he was not interested in doing a third Taken film. Either way, screenwriter Robert Kamen says, "We've taken everyone we can take. If it happens, it's going to go in another direction."
- Details have been released on the special editions and pre-order bonuses for the Tomb Raider reboot. The Survival Edition includes the game, a mini art book, a map of the game's island, and a waterproof survival pouch. The Collector's Edition upgrades that to also include a Lara Croft action figure and survival case packaging. Both editions include weapon DLC and a downloadable soundtrack. Gamestop pre-orders get a bonus challenge level, while Best Buy will give out a comic book, and Amazon will have a larger art book available. The game will be released on 360, PS3, and PC March 5th.
- Originally expected to release next Tuesday, the Mechromancer "Gaige" in Borderlands 2 was made available a full week early by Gearbox yesterday. She'll run you 800 Microsoft Points (about $10) on 360 and PC, but she has not yet been released for PS3 players. Premiere Club members get the DLC for free.
(News credit to 411mania.com)