Please, just let us...purge!
- Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi has some good news to pass along: he's expecting to finish treatment for lymphoma this year. He was diagnosed back in January 2012 with the illness, but Tony's made a great recovery, and we wish him the best.
- Did you know: there was a movie released last year that only made $72 in ticket sales? Storage 24, a strange little sci-fi flick about a killer alien living in a storage unit, was released to one theater in the US for one week, and the results were...well, you get the idea.
- You'll be glad to know that the guys behind the Paranormal Activity franchise have an end-game in mind. Producer Christopher Landon says the mythology has been in place since the second film in the series, and after deviating from the plan a bit in the fourth film, he's getting everything back on track with Paranormal Activity: the Marked Ones to move toward a grand finale somewhere down the line.
- Did you catch the mid-season return of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night on ABC? Since it's inception, I've been practically begging them to include Stan Lee, like the other Marvel properties, in a cameo...and now, it looks like that's coming true. Stan says he'll have a "big role" in an upcoming episode, likely on February 4th, but that date's not exactly confirmed, so keep your eyes peeled...
- The Magic: the Gathering 2015 Core Set has been announced! It'll be out July 18th this year, with pre-release events starting July 12th and 13th. Plus, the Magic Pro Tour's coming to Portland, Oregon August 1st through the 3rd. Hey, for that pre-release, I bet Matt at Coffey's Comics and Games would be willing to help you get an upper-hand...
- The long-rumored Alien: Isolation looks to be real, and hopefully, we'll have put Aliens: Colonial Marines behind us by the time it comes about. The good news is that this next game is more of a spiritual successor to the original film, pitting Ellen Ripley's daughter against a single, horrifying alien in an enclosed space. Fun! No other details yet, though.
'Til Thursday, thrashers...ROCK!
(News credit to 411mania.com)