- Talk Like Shakespeare Day is probably not as well-known as the pirate variation, but nonetheless — forsooth, and such!
- In music news: the lineup for the 2014 Austin City Limits festival has been set, including Pearl Jam among its headliners, and it's taking place the first two weekends in October. Also, the Pixies will release their first album since 1991 on the 29th of this month, but you can stream Indie City in its entirety now at the Guardian website.
- #HappyBirthdayShakespeare was trending this morning on Twitter, of course, as well as #AlbertPujols, who hit his career 500th home run last night…with the Angels. Blech.
- In the Screening Room: rumors are floating that Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg may reunite on an untitled Cold War thriller that would feature Hanks as real-life American attorney James Donovan, who was recruited by the CIA to negotiate the release of a spy-plane pilot captured by enemy combatants. Also, NBC has released the first trailer for Crossbones, their upcoming TV project that casts John Malkovich as the legendary pirate Blackbeard. I am not making this up. You can see it HERE.
- In the Gaming Guide: The official Magic: The Gathering Facebook page is taking a look at Journey Into Nyx's tokens, while Bioware confirmed that Dragon Age: Inquisition is coming to last and current-gen consoles on October 7th, and the Batman: Arkham City DLC "Cold, Cold Heart" — starring Mr. Freeze, of course — is now available as well.
- Finally, it's Because Of Course: A colonoscopy patient in Virginia is suing a group of doctors for making fun of him while they thought he was asleep; a Florida man stole a bike, rode to Walmart, fell asleep, was kicked out, then rode to a Subway and fell asleep before finally being arrested; and a father-son Australian team used a six-pack of beer to defend a 90-year-old woman from a dog attack over the weekend. Because of course they did.
Find the rest at facebook.com/thefix993! 'Til Thursday…
(Partial news credit to 411mania.com)