- On International Astronomy Day, say happy birthday to actress Jessica Alba (33) and Jay Leno (64!)
- Wanna see the full list of common US baby names that are outright banned elsewhere in the world? Click HERE!
- In music news: Marilyn Manson's track, "Cupid Carries a Gun," will be the theme for the upcoming WGN America dramatic series Salem. It's off of Manson's impending new album, and he says he lent it to the producers for the theme because the show, "looks at the witch trials without being cliche." Also, in new releases this week, you'll find Blur and Gorillaz frontman Damon Albarn's debut solo album Everyday Robots, violinist and Youtube star Lindsey Stirling's second album Shatter Me (featuring, among others, Lzzy Hale of Halestorm), and the first Pixies album since 1991, Indie City.
- Twitter was buzzing this morning over #MadMen as the series' final season continues, as well as #GameofThrones and #TotalDivas, WWE's "reality" show over on the E! Network.
- Today's Viral Video comes from Minute Physics, showing you how to see without your glasses. Click HERE to check it out!
- In the Screening Room: The Other Woman debuted at #1 at the box office this weekend with a $24 million take, toppling Captain America: The Winter Soldier for the first time in almost a month and sending it to second. Brick Mansions debuted down at #5, while The Quiet Ones showed up at #7. Also, director and co-writer of the original Friday the 13th film, Sean Cunningham, is looking to bring the series to TV with Jason re-imagined as a killer through the ages, but no network/casting/date details have been announced yet; and the final Hobbit film has been re-subtitled — instead of There and Back Again, it'll now be known as The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Because of reasons.
- In the Gaming Guide: There's a patch and update coming to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes this Thursday, making the two console-exclusive missions now available for both platforms. The game's out now on both last-and-current-gen Xbox and Playstation consoles. Also, remember that urban legend about all of those E.T. Atari cartridges being buried in a New Mexico landfill? Yeah, this weekend, that was confirmed…because someone dug them up.
- Finally, it's Because Of Course: Instagram "star" Dan Blizerian threw a 19-year-old model/porn star from the roof of his house into his pool…but he (she?) missed the pool, and she'll be missing the Hustler photoshoot she had scheduled because of it. Elsewhere, a London man stole an electric bike from an e-bike shop owner and returned it 20 minutes later via taxi because he couldn't figure out how to charge it; and finally, teens are BEEZIN'! Supposedly, kids are using Burt's Bees lip balm on their eyelids to get a contact high from the peppermint oil. I'll believe it when I see it. And if they are…stop, you idiots.
Find the rest at facebook.com/thefix993! 'Til Tuesday…
(Partial news credit to 411mania.com)